Friday, February 17, 2012

Speaking out on love and homosexuality

Recently, I saw photo of Anne Hathaway on Facebook and I remembered this interview of Vice Ganda in Kris Aquino's daytime show.


Kris was referring to homosexuality as some sort of sickness that needs to be cured. Like she was so condescending to Vice Ganda and she kept sating things like "Sayang ang gwapo mo pa naman" (it's such a shame that you're gay because you're so good looking) or something like that. I don't understand her sentiment, she probably meant well, but it's about time that people understand that homosexuality is something that should not be frowned on. It's not like liking the same sex means you're a lesser person.

It's not a disease, it's not a psychiatric problem, it's not a big deal. It's not something that can be cured because it's not a problem anyway.

Who are we to dictate that love and passion should have a gender?When someone falls inlove it's because of attraction to the person's personality or maybe physical attributes. We do not love or desire someone simply because of gender.

If we fall in love with a person and he/she happened to be of the same sex, what's the big deal?
Love is love. that's that.

I'm so sick of all these people looking down on homosexuality. It's love for heaven's sake. What's with the labels? It's not like you fall inlove with people because of their gender.

And don't think that I'm a heathen for saying such because I have no religion because even if I did I still won't think it's wrong. Most religions do not peg God as having a gender anyway so that's your first sign right there that gender is just all nonsense when it comes to emotions.

Anyway, I hope people would just live and let live and if stuff makes them uncomfortable, just think that it's none of their business anyway. Recently I pondered about with incest and it's something that makes me very uncomfortable but one of my friends gave me his two cents on it and after a while of thinking it over I think I have to agree with him.

I asked for people to give me their opinion why incest is so frowned upon. And I asked for them to give me an arguement that does not invoke religion.
So yeah... going back to homosexuality, I think that it's about time society take out those sticks that are lodged up their asses and just live and let live.

No comments: