Monday, November 25, 2013

Being an atheist does not make you evil

Sometimes, atheism is good. It forces people take responsibility for their actions and give credit where credit is due and not simply blame or give credit to a divine being for whatever shit that happens or haven't happened yet. Atheism makes people more mindful of their actions because they simply could not ask for forgiveness and expect to be forgiven.

May you be an atheist, agnostic or religious (whatever religion), I frankly do not care. But I would seriously care if you keep forcing your beliefs down my throat and act all self-righteous. Plus, contrary to religious fanatics' beliefs, being an atheist does not make you evil. Being a Satanist makes you evil --duh.

But I am not an atheist FYI.  I believe in God, magic and aliens. I firmly believe there is a higher power, that there are things beyond science and that extra-terrestrial beings are too busy to visit us.

Point is, I'm saying that being an atheist is not bad at all. Live and let live IMO. Whatever floats your boat.

I am an Agnostic Theist who believes that there is a God, but I do not know who or what he/she/it is. I do not understand God. I do not claim to understand God. I don't think I ever will. Leave me alone.

And also, religious fanatics, please do not spawn.

______________

Here's a link to the article that inspired this post

When God isn't on the guest list


My past post on my opinion on religion

No comments: